The 2021 Hyundai Elantra capped off a very successful award season by winning the most prestigious award of them all, the 2021 North American Car of the year (NACTOY). This marks the first time since 2012 that a Hyundai has won the car of the year award, an accomplishment that Hyundai hopes to repeat moving forward. Now in their 28th year, NACTOY is made up of automotive journalists from the United States and Canada who voted on the 40 cars that were nominated based on segment leadership, innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and value for the dollar.
“Thank you to all of the jurors. I am honored to accept this award on behalf of the entire company, our Alabama and Ulsan plant employees who build Elantra and our dealers,” said José Muñoz, Global Chief Operating Officer of Hyundai Motor Company, president and CEO, Hyundai Motor North America and Hyundai Motor America. “Elantra is a symbol of our blend of dynamic design, advanced technology and great fuel economy. Elantra customers are going to experience all of the hard work and dedication that went into making this class-leading car.”
What elevated the Hyundai Elantra to win the North American Car of the Year?
- Bold new redesigned look from the ground up, including revamped interior
- Each trim level is packed with increasingly more SmartSense safety and convenience features
- Dramatic four-door-coupe look comes to life with “Parametric Dynamics” design theme
- Segment-first wireless Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Segment-first Hyundai Digital Key – Hyundai’s Digital Key allows Elantra to be unlocked, started and driven without a physical key via a smartphone or NFC card
- Two available 10.25-inch multimedia screens on front dashboard
- More than 50 MPG combined fuel EPA estimated economy rating on first-ever Elantra Hybrid
- Elantra N and Elantra N Line performance models added to the family
Contact Spokane Hyundai today if you want to learn more about the 2021 North American Car of the Year, or stop by our showroom and experience the difference for yourself.